Writing notes is not only about ticking off a field in your to-do listing and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication.
Within the guide of Proverbs, King Soloman says that “A phrase fitly spoken is like apples of gold in footage of silver.” Fitly right here means “correctly,” and what’s a extra correct type of communication than a handwritten be aware?
For many people, handwritten notes had been a staple of rising up with mother and father who insisted that we write “correct” thanks notes for birthday presents, Christmas presents, graduations, showers and extra. Whereas we might have considered it as a matter of etiquette, it’s actually a lot greater than that.
Handwritten notes are most likely the warmest and most private type of communication, so incorporating them as a part of your advertising and marketing plan is the proper technique to create a more in-depth relationship along with your sphere of affect. Right here’s why you need to be writing them, instruments you need to use and a few concepts for the best way to write them as effectively.
Advantages of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
There’s a motive that handwritten notes are such a preferred a part of so many brokers’ advertising and marketing plans. From new brokers to veterans, they provide unparalleled outcomes. Right here’s why they work so effectively:
Everybody is aware of that actual property is a relationship enterprise, and handwritten notes assist to construct these relationships. As a result of they really feel so private and considerate, they make a giant impression and guarantee everybody from members of your SOI to results in referral companions that they’re particular to you — and worthy of your time and a focus.
Improved consumer satisfaction
The private outreach that handwritten notes present ends in improved consumer satisfaction. Nobody needs to really feel like they’re only a quantity. Each consumer you could have needs to really feel like your favourite. Reaching out with a handwritten be aware can accomplish that, particularly whenever you embody private particulars.
Elevated chance of referrals
The connection you construct with handwritten notes can simply translate into further referrals, particularly if you happen to proceed to speak with previous purchasers lengthy after the closing. As a result of private notes are sometimes stored for months or years, they outlast just about some other kind of promoting collateral and preserve you high of thoughts for years to return.
Kinds of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
When you don’t want an excuse to ship a handwritten be aware, listed below are some key instances within the lifecycle of your consumer relationship when a handwritten be aware is especially welcome.
Whether or not you’re thanking them for his or her enterprise, for a referral or for being a pal, your recipient will probably be thrilled with a handwritten thanks be aware. Discover loads of concepts and examples in my article: How you can write the proper thank-you be aware assured to generate leads
Comply with-up notes
How do you retain your nice first impression going after a list appointment, purchaser session, or interviewing along with your dream crew or brokerage? With a promptly delivered handwritten follow-up be aware. Recap your dialog, finish along with your CTA (name to motion) and, as all the time, categorical your honest gratitude.
‘Simply checking in’ notes
Haven’t heard from a favourite consumer or referral companion shortly? Attain out and renew the connection with a well-timed checking in be aware. You by no means actually need an excuse to say “Hello” on this approach, however if you need one try their social media feeds for current life adjustments or accomplishments.
Somewhat than sending out preprinted playing cards on the holidays, contemplate a handwritten be aware as an alternative. Supply your warmest private needs on a sublime piece of stationery with a border coloration that displays the season.
Suggestions for writing efficient handwritten notes
Need to ensure that your handwritten notes are having the affect you need on the recipient? Preserve these pointers in thoughts:
- Preserve it concise. This isn’t the time to provoke an extended dialog. It’s simply an opportunity so that you can contact base. If you wish to have an extended dialog, achieve this by cellphone or in individual.
- Be private. Attempt to embody one thing concerning the recipient or about their transaction to make your be aware extra private and fewer generic.
- Use correct grammar and spelling. In case you’re not nice at these components, have somebody proofread your notes for accuracy.
- Use high-quality paper and pens. It might sound old style, however the kind of writing components you employ makes a distinction in the way in which your be aware is perceived. Put money into heavyweight stationery and a high-quality pen with both darkish blue or black ink.
Greatest practices for incorporating handwritten notes into your actual property enterprise
- Schedule time for be aware writing, ideally as soon as per week or for a couple of minutes every day.
- Use a CRM to trace notes and the private particulars that make them simpler.
- Personalize notes for every recipient, referring to them the way in which that you’d in actual life.
- Use handwritten notes together with digital communication to strengthen your message and improve your contact.
- Practice your crew or brokerage on the significance of handwritten notes and contemplate offering them with stationery and stamps in order that they don’t have any excuse for not writing their notes. Take into account holding collaborative note-writing periods to make it a enjoyable group exercise.
Writing notes is not only about ticking off a field in your to-do listing and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication. Incorporate handwritten notes into your outreach and see what an affect they’ve, each on you and on the folks to whom you ship them.
Christy Murdock is a contract author, coach and advisor and the proprietor of Writing Actual Property. Join with Writing Actual Property on Instagram and subscribe to the weekly roundup, The Ketchup.